1. Kristen Bell- The actress known for her roles in Frozen, Veronica Mars, and most recently The Good Place was born in Huntington Woods. She went to Shrine Catholic High in Royal Oak and still visits the area on occasion. Huntington Woods is a city close to my heart; it’s where my parents lived after they were first married. Located close to Royal Oak and Ferndale, there so many options for weekend and evening activities. Maybe catch one of Bell’s movies at the Landmark Main Art Theater in downtown Royal Oak!
2. Dax Shepard- This actor from Milford area is known for his part in the long-standing series, Parenthood, as well as movies like Without a Paddle, and Employee of the Month. He’s actually married to Kristen Bell, so they’ve kept it all in the Michigan family! Stop by the Milford History museum to learn about historical events that happened in our own backyard, or rent a canoe and float down the Huron River.
3. Terry Crews- Terry Crews is a celebrity in several different senses! He played for the Green Bay Packers, and is now a main character on Brooklyn 99. Crews was born and raised in Flint. He also attended the Interlochen Center for the Arts, near Traverse City. In 2015, he came back to film a travel documentary of his hometown to show how wonderful Michigan can be. The city of Flint has undergone a period of rebirth with many fabulous restaurants and shops springing up. Next time you travel up I-75, be sure to stop in at the Flint Farmers Market or Halo Burger!
4. Keegan Michael Key- Part of the famous sketch duo Key and Peele, Key grew up in Southfield, and also attended Shrine Catholic High School in Royal Oak. He, like Crews, cares about his birthplace. Founded by Key, the Planet Ant Improv Theater offers local comedy and culture in Hamtramck. The theater offers $5 Improv Mondays giving you chance to stretch your funny bone! Southfield also hosts an international festival in mid-November. This event offers foods, activities, and crafts from a variety of cultures from around the world!
5. Dave Coulier- Coulier has always represented Michigan well. When on Full House he was often seen wearing a Red Wings jersey to show love for his home state. Born and raised in St. Clair Shores, he’s often back in Metro Detroit to do comedy shows. St. Clair Shores sits right on the banks of Lake St. Clair. Splurge and take a yacht trip for your family, or enjoy one of many restaurants along the coast just watching the waves roll in.
Feel free to use this fun trivia at your next get-together, and be sure to check out all the amazing attractions this area has!
Interested in homes in the metro Detroit area? Take a look here:
11810 15 MILE RD #12
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Listing office: Provided through IDX through Realcomp II Ltd. Courtesy of CRK Realty Copyright 2014 Realcomp II Ltd. Shareholders
MLS® ID: 218023314
3628 COLEPORT ST
Orion Township, Michigan
Listing office: Provided through IDX through Realcomp II Ltd. Courtesy of Real Living Great Lakes RE-Roch Copyright 2014 Realcomp II Ltd. Shareholders
MLS® ID: 218023021
4601 THE HEIGHTS BLVD
Oakland Township, Michigan
Listing office: Provided through IDX through Realcomp II Ltd. Courtesy of Colburn McDonald Asoc, REALTORÂ® Copyright 2014 Realcomp II Ltd. Shareholders
MLS® ID: 217106385
727 HILL CREST DR
Listing office: Provided through IDX through Realcomp II Ltd. Courtesy of KW Showcase Realty Copyright 2014 Realcomp II Ltd. Shareholders
MLS® ID: 218023286